So before Nolan was born I seriously contemplated using cloth diapers. But due to all the nay-saying people around me I decided it was indeed crazy and doubted my ability to keep with the laundry involved. BUT... since I am pretty much a stay-at-home mom, at least during the weekdays I figure I really do have time for an extra load of laundry. So... I bought a few cloth diapers to try out, and I LOVE THEM!! I should have started this 6 months ago! (and YES... Nolan is 6 months old already, breaks my heart over how fast time is flying). So, I go the special soap that has no dyes or additives... so as not to ruin the diapers...
I did my pre-wash and strapped them on the little guy...
Sorry, no pics of Nolan in the diapers yet... but let me say, he is cute in EVERYTHING and cloth diaper are no exception. I still only have 3 diapers but I wash them every day and so I can "save" 3 disposables per day. Granted they are a little pricey and it will take 90 uses before they pay for themselves in savings... which really, is not that long in the grand scheme of things. I plan to buy a few more of them every month until I have enough cloth diapers that I don't have use any disposables during the day. And for all you who are worried about it... I will keep a few disposables on hand for babysitters.
So even though things have worked out PERFECTLY so that our little guy doesn't have to go to daycare, yesterday was the first day Nick and mine's work days overlapped. We are blessed blessed blessed with such wonderful family, and Nolan has managed to trick everyone into thinking it is a privilege to watch him...so Anutie Tatem and Grandma Connie watched him for the day... even so, I still couldn't help but be totally neurotic about it. I'm sure I was annoying with all my text messages, but even so... I am so grateful that Tatem and Connie were reassuring that everything was under control.
Finally... life has been a little stressful at times with the day to day grind, but I would just like to express my gratitude to my family... my parents, nick's mom, our siblings, nick's grandparents and extended family... and to my friends... there is something so comforting just knowing they are there and that they love us, especially Nolan. My heart feels very tender when I watch our family hold, talk to and spend time with Nolan. Life is so good!
No comments:
Post a Comment