So I was reading the blog of an acquaintance... maybe even less than an acquaintance, but either way still reading her blog. She talked about how fake moms are who pretend to have a perfect life, marriage and moms who love to change diapers... bla bla bla. You know being a mom is not the most glamorous life, but I'll be honest I take some offense to her gripes about motherhood and marriage. I for one am not fake and though it does not thrill me to change a diaper I LOVE that I am the one who gets to change the diaper of my sweet sweet boy and that his dirty little diapers mean that he is a healthy and growing boy. And yes, I honestly have those exact thoughts when I change almost every single one of his diapers.
And as for marriage, I know I live a charmed life when it comes to that because my husband is amazing. But I also think that part of a good marriage is not keeping score and being grateful for what is and not focusing on what isn't. Yes, I am irritated when the dishes are not done... but I'm not irritated with my husband because he didn't do them. I'm simply irritated they are there at all; that I didn't do them, that we don't have a maid that does them or that the dishes fairies didn't take care of them. And so when my husband does them it feels like a HUGE blessing (and he does them often I might add).
It is all about perspective and there are times when we all loose a bit of that but just because YOU don't have it doesn't mean everyone is being fake because they are not as grumpy as you are. But when all is said and done, I suppose the answer is not waiting time ready the bitchy blogs of people I don't know very well. Right? hahahaha
No comments:
Post a Comment