Friday, December 2, 2011

family pics

 So family pictures are already WAY stressful, at least for me and in efforts to save a little money we took them ourselves... so THAT added just a bit more stress.  We realize now how UNPROFESSIONAL we truly are at picture taking... here are some of the rough cuts...
almost as soon as we started taking pictures Nolan started to have a melt down, but he was happy to play with a grapefruit
Those balloons lasted like 5 seconds before we forgot that if they are not held onto they will float away


Family melt down... this is my FAVORITE picture!

this one has christmas card potential

one of the VERY few where nolan is smiling

daddy trying to comfort Nolan

nolan would NOT look at the camera

at least we are all looking in the same direction right?

yes that is me feeding nolan rocks... the only way he would let us take his binky out
So, as it turns out Nolan was so grumpy for pictures because he had a dirty diaper... I just assumed that we were taking pictures and he missed his afternoon nap.  I really wish I would have checked his pants.  The pictures might have turned out better, but oh well, you get what you pay for right?  hahaha, next time we WILL hire someone! Live and Learn.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, there were a few keepers! You are all so beautiful! Especially Nolan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terra,

    These are all so cute! You had me laughing so hard because I could just hear what you might have been saying and imagine the frustration. These are priceless!

    And by the way - professional isn't always better. I recall a time when my Mom and Aunt decided to get pictures of my cousin, my sister, and I all at once. If my sister wasn't crying, then my cousin was FALLING off the table we were sitting on. There were dozens of pictures of me sitting there with a huge grin amidst the chaos. I should try to find one to share. I think you made the right call with doing these yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TERRA!!! you are so beautiful! your family is so beautiful!! I LOVE THOSE pictures so so much! i hope i can get a copy of the final product! i love ya guys!

    ReplyDelete