Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Death by the Toasted Soy Nut

My name has been a apart of many a Fat Kid Story (FKS) and this is just one more ...

This morning I was short on time, as a result I made myself a small breakfast of 1/3 cup of soy nuts and 1 cup of grapes, instead of my usual egg and tomato sandwich. As I ate the soy nuts on my way to work I started to feel my mouth get numb, something I experienced about a week ago when eating soy nuts but did not notice the connection. When I got to work I stopped in to say a quick good morning to my supervisor. I mentioned to her that I think I might be allergic to soy nuts (as I popped a few more in my mouth). My supervisor suggested I stop eating them...I responded like I true fat kid, No I think I'll finish them, they taste really good. My supervisor, who apparently knows me very well, pointed out that I was acting like a fat kid and I needed to stop eating those soy nuts if they were making my mouth numb and my throat swell. It wasn't so much that I was experiencing allergic symptoms, but being called out in terms that I understood that made me though out the rest of the bag. Needless to say, I had a HUGE head ache the rest of the day and thinking maybe a little lunch would help I had some hummus and pasta at Pita Jungle. I was sorely mistaken, lunch did NOT make anything better. I went home sick and got to know my bathroom a little better. So, I will not be eating any more soy nuts, even if they do taste good.

No comments:

Post a Comment