Nick and I went on a date last night (with Nolan in the care of his grandma who LOVES him to death) and as we drove away (in a car that is paid off) from our house (which we have owned for 3 years) on our way to dinner (to a place that we had the freedom to choose and the jobs that help us to afford it) I couldn't help but wonder, how did we get here?
I wish I could say that I have worked so hard and struggled so much for every thing I have, but that is just not the case. I have lived a charmed life. Not without struggle or heartbreak, but all in all, pretty charmed. I do try to give back and to be a good person so maybe a little bit of this is karma but mostly I just have some pretty amazing people in my life and god/love has been a constant in my life.
I asked Nick if he could have ever imagined that that he would meet such a great gal (hahaha) on e-harmoney or that that simple first date at Applebees would result is a more dates and an eventual "I love you" and "will you marry me." And though I know the down fall of the housing market has been a disaster for almost everyone else, it was a blessing for us. It meant prices came down to a level that was affordable for us. It meant we could have backyard and pick paint colors and all sorts of fun things! And finally, our sweet Nolie-face... he is more wonderful that Nick and I could have EVER hoped for or imagined. Nick and I often look at each other and wonder, how did we create a little person THIS COOL!
I know there are a NUMBER of factors and people who have helped Nick and I get to where we are today, but I do credit Nick with a lot of where I, personally, am today. Because of him I get to be a wife and a mother. Because of him I get to be exactly who I am. I get to be loved and cared about and considered. This is the song that we danced to at our wedding... I LOVE this song because it says exactly how I feel about my sweet husband.
So at the end of the day, I don't really know how we got here, but I am so grateful that we are here.
No comments:
Post a Comment