![]() |
| spilled over a bit, but we shined 'em up real good! |
This was the 4th annual Easter party at the Gailfus household! We decided to do things out doors this time since the weather was amazing! I scaled back the party a little this year... kept things a little simpler for my sanity's sake. I did spend some extra time on a unique birthday cake for my cousin Howie. I found this idea that combined cake and decorating eggs... BIRTHDAY CAKE EGGS... you peel the shell off and inside the cake is shaped like an egg, which we decorated with frosting and devoured! We placed all the eggs in a truffle dish and adored it with sparklers...which caused the fire alarms to go off in the house, but no harm no foul, it was FUN!!
| Made out like a bandit! |
So I still go back and forth about telling Nolan there is an Easter Bunny (or Santa or the tooth fairy…or anything of the sort), it feels so dishonest. I, for one, stopped believing in God for a while when I found out Santa wasn't real…I was hard core atheist at 8. I felt betrayed by so many people. Granted I hated being a kid, I actually remember thinking that, and honestly I wouldn’t go back. So maybe I was a weird kid who just took things too seriously. Either way, I still have another year to decide AND Nolan seemed quite pleased with his basket. Thank you to everyone for their sweet gifts that filled it up!
![]() | |
| Tummy time! |
Things around here have been a little stressful and money has been more tight that usual. We are starting to feel the effects of 3 months of me not working. But as tight as things have been... as of the 15th of April, I OWN MY CAR! No more $600 payments and I already have in my hot little hands the clean title! I can honestly say, I have learned my lesson and I will NEVER buy a new car again, ever! Yes the warranty is nice but with how cars loose their value so quickly... not worth it! Should have NEVER listened to those who said it was a good idea. *rolling my eyes*
So with the extra stress of finances, going back to work last month and getting used to 'the new'... I finally would just like to say how wonderful my husband is. He is so good to me and is such a great father! I worried sick about the possibility of having to put Nolan in daycare before I got a part time spot at work, and though I miss my boys on the weekends, it is so nice to not have to worry one bit about the care Nolan gets when he is home with daddy! And Nick seems to just understand that it is hard on me to be gone and so he always makes sure I get pictures of Nolan while I'm away. This weekend Nolan "helped" daddy with a presentation for work... looks like he was a lot of help!


Your little boy is so adorable. I love looking at the pictures. Hope all is going well for you and your cute family.
ReplyDeleteI saw the link to your blog that you posted on Facebook. Nolan is getting so big!! He is such a cutie!
ReplyDeleteCheck out my blog - http://mussetter.blogspot.com - when you get a chance. I finally updated with a recap of Brayden's Third Month. I need to go back and write about the previous two months, but it is hard to find time!! HAHA!
Tanya :)