Monday, September 12, 2011

cleaning

So I recently was reading the blog of a gal I don't know but I have followed her blog for like 2 years now... and she wrote this post about cleaning... what she does on what days and her favorite cleaning tools... that kind of thing.  I was OVERWHELMED with what she does to clean her house.  And then I got to thinking, I need to re-group and come up with a new plan for cleaning.  Prior to Nolan I would save everything for Saturday and that was my cleaning day and pretty much nothing got done during the week.  It worked when I lived alone... and when Nick moved in, it didn't work so well because we would find fun things to do on the weekends and do the cleaning "next week."  And even though it didn't work, it was just the two of us so whatever I let it go... I also had to let it go because around that time the arthritis in my back made it almost impossible to bend down to even load and unload the dishwasher.  I have done better with spreading the cleaning out through the week, especially now because I am working weekends and during the week I have anywhere from 1 to 3 babies to take care of so really, a 1 day power clean is just out of the question.  So in order to curve my bichiness when the cleaning has not been done I have a NEW PLAN!!!  Here it is:

Monday:
Dishes
2 loads of laundry
straighten/organize bedrooms 
deep clean bathrooms

Tuesday:
Dishes
2 loads of laundry
Change out Sheets and Towels
straighten/organize bedrooms
vacuum 
bills/budget for the week

Wednesday:
Dishes
2 loads of laundry
straighten/organize bedrooms 
deep clean kitchen

Thursday:
Dishes
2 loads of laundry
straighten/organize bedrooms 
vacuum 
dust

Friday:
Dishes
2 loads of laundry
straighten/organize bedrooms 
mop floors
floor boards and disinfect door knobs alt every other week with cleaning disinfecting toys

Saturday:
Dishes
2 loads of laundry
straighten/organize bedrooms 
vacuum

Sunday:
Dishes
2 loads of laundry
straighten/organize bedrooms 
yard work

Sooo... tell me your cleaning tips and how you get your cleaning done and juggle the kids, husband, work, meals, bills... when something has to give, what do you let go?  I have tried to let go of the cleaning, but I'm just so grumpy if its not done... and I would rather clean then bitch.  My blog is feeling lonely with no comments lately... so let me know you are out there! Happy cleaning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment