Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Just another day I suppose

There are moments when I really feel completely inadequate.  Like when my floors have not been moped in over a week, or the kitchen table is too messy to actually eat at or when there are dishes in the sink....when I feel like I can barely keep my head above water with taking care of babies during the week and working on the weekends.  But the most sinking feeling of inadequacy comes when I feel like I've done something I can be proud of (FINALLY) and then I look around to find that my feeble attempts (that took more energy than I actually had) really are nothing in comparison to what others around me have to feel proud of.  Then the real pain pricks when I begin to feel ashamed of tiny thing I had been proud of. 

I guess I just have to remember that the time and effort and love and sweat and tears I put into being completely present while caring for my baby and the babies of others is something to be proud of.  Even if I am embarrassed most of the time that I wear sweats all day and hardly ever put make up.            

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing woman!!! Motherhood is no walk in the park, it takes so much patience and hard work. You are a wonderful mother and human being ;)

    ReplyDelete